Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reno's Chance by Lora Leigh

Title: Reno's Chance
Author: Lora Leigh
Series:
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin
Release Date: August 24, 2010
Format: eBook
Source: Bought via My Barnes and Noble Nook
 
Rating: 4/5

Smuttiness: 5/5

Synopsis (from goodreads):

Reno’s Chance- never before released as a standalone novella! Previously published in the anthology Honk If You Love Real Men. Ever since she was a little girl, Raven McIntire has secretly pined and longed for her best friend's sexy older brother, Reno, a Navy SEAL who has just returned home from duty. What she doesn't realize is that his only true mission is to get into her heart and get her into his bed.

Review:

I was perusing goodreads one morning and I found this e-book and had to read it.  I was lucky enough to be able to download it onto my Nook and I read it all in a few short hours.  It was pretty good, it had it's cheesy moments (just a couple) but the rest of the story made up for the cheese.

Raven has always had it bad for her best friends older brother, Reno, who just happens to be a Navy Seal and from the way he is described in the story almost the definition of human perfection according to Raven.  But being that Reno is a military man that makes him off limits to Raven or at least that's what she thinks anyway. She's also always wondered what it would be like to "be with" Reno.

Now Reno on the other hand has also had it bad for Raven and has decided that now he's going to go after what he wants, Raven.  He's holding NOTHING back.  All's fair in this battle of wills.

I guess what kind of turned me off a tiny bit towards this story was some of the cheesy dialogue.  I can handle some cheese but I think there was just a little bit too much for my liking in this story.

I will say this those, for the cheesy dialogue the sex scenes in this story are SIZZLING!  If you have an e-reader I highly recommend this e-book.

1 comment:

Christy Townzen said...

I love all the books in this series. Lora's awesome. Great review :)