Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

Title: Happy Ever After
Author: Nora Roberts
Series: Brides Quartet #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Penguin Group
Release Date: 2010, November 2
Format: E-book, 368 pages
Source: Purchased for my Nook
Rating: 5/5

Smuttiness: 2.75/5

Synopsis:

As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride's vision. She just can't see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcolm Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Both know that moving from minor flirtation to major hook-up is a serious step. Parker's business risks have always paid off, but now she'll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart.

Review:

This in my opinion was an AWESOME SAUCE series!  I'm really sad to see it come to an end.  I thought that all of the stories in this quartet were incredible but I think that I really enjoyed Parker's story a bit more than the rest.  Park is very organized and likes things to run just so and when you throw hottie mechanic Malcolm Kavanaugh into the picture things just get more than a little bit off kilter for Parker.

Malcolm is the exact opposite of what Parker usually goes for in a man.  He's a mechanic, he's got a tricked out classic car AND a motorcycle...Which Parker gets on more than once.  He's also unpredictable, which sort of bothers Parker in the beginning. As different as he is from Parker I think that is what made him perfect for her.  He threw her off her game and made her come out of her comfort zone.

Overall, I really thought that Roberts hit this one out to the park. The main characters are perfect for each other, even if it took them FOREVER to realize it.  I liked that along with the romance there were parts with some humor to keep things from getting too over the top.  I think my two favorite scenes in the book were: when Parker is describing her hypothetical tattoo to Mrs. G and when the other guys are telling Mal how they feel now that they've found their "The One."

2 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

Lovely Review!!! I have just loved reading this series so far!!! Its my favorite of Nora Roberts, especially since I love wedding books!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, and I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

Julie said...

LOVED this book!!! I agree that the characters and their mates are perfect matches. Great review!