Monday, October 18, 2010

Talk Dirty To Me by Inez Kelley and Ginny Glass

Title: Talk Dirty To Me 
Author: Inez Kelley and Ginny Glass
Series:
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Publisher: Carina Press
Release Date: July 19, 2010
Format: eBook
Source: Bought via My Barnes and Noble Nook

Rating: 4/5

Smuttiness: 5/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

"Tell me what you want. Talk dirty to me."

For Nora MacGregor, the sinful voice of a stranger gives her permission to explore her deepest fantasies – fantasies that only exist outside her daily drudgery in the science lab. ‘James’, challenges Nora’s icy, clinical ideas about the power of sex. The arrangement – she talks to him and he returns her lost dissertation notes, page by page. What he can’t give her is human touch, tangible sweetness, attributes she finds in the company and gentle romance of Dr. Jarod Reed.

Jarod, who seized an opportune moment and became the mysterious James, is now trapped in a mess of his own making, unable to let Nora know that he wants more than an naughty bedtime story. The anonymity of being Nora’s cell phone lover frees Jarod to reach into the not- not-so-scholarly pursuits of the flesh but may have cost him the chance to make those fantasies a reality.

Review:

I recently joined netgalley and I found this e-book on there and thought that it sounded really interesting.  So naturally I put in a request to read and review it.  I'm really happy that my request was approved!

Now the premise of this story I thought was really interesting. Nora, who works at the university in her hometown, drops her notes and a tape full of interviews that she's using to write her dissertation on female sexuality. Jarod who is another professor at the university, who happens to have a major crush on Nora, picks them up.  This is where things get interesting....Jarod finds Nora's phone number in the faculty directory and takes on his alter ego "James".  Now Jarod/James find flaws in Nora's research and so he calls her up.  Thus beginning a beautiful phone sex relationship.  Oh, but things get even more troublesome when Jarod and Nora start dating. Jarod wants to come clean but if afraid to.  And when Nora finds out that Jarod is actually "James" oh boy!

I really thought that characters were very like able and real as well.  The confusion on the part of both characters was a great addition to the story.  Ok, so this is a pretty hot story but I think that besides the phone sex and the sex sex the love story itself was  very well executed as well. I guess the only reason I wasn't able to give it 5/5 was I thought that there were a few moments of cheesiness.  Just enough to know this book from a 5/5 to a 4/5.

Overall, I really liked this story and I will be checking out more books by these authors.  I recommend this story to anyone who is looking for a hot little read full of humor and romance.

No comments: